Central locking freaking out while I drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central locking freaking out while I drive

Last night, on my way home from work, I noticed my locks were going up and down in rapid bursts. Anyone one have experience with this problem? It's the first issue I've had with my E30, and it's got about 270K on it.

Join WIBimmers if you live in Wisconsin, dude.www.wibimmers.com

A bad door or trunk switch could do this as could damage to the switch wiring.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Sounds like the same issue I had at one time. Solved it by unplugging the micro switch in the drivers door. item #14 http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E3...ocking_system/
      what you did to this car is like getting a supermodel naked and willing to do anything you please. now here you are faced with ths once in a lifetime opportunity and then you squander it by making her fuck you in the butt with a 24" strap on. you are a sad, silly little boy.

Comment

I had someone also mention it could be from water leaking in. It did rain last night, but all my weather stripping is in good shape. Im going to take a butchers and see whats going on. Thanks for your suggestions.

Join WIBimmers if you live in Wisconsin, dude.www.wibimmers.com

Comment

In my iX, mice had chewed into the wire in the trunk so the bare copper was glancing off the rear fender, locking and unlocking every bump. electrical tape on the wire solved in 5 seconds.

Comment

Working...
          X