Coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant

Driving to Starbucks to go study for finals last night and my coolant light came on. Further down the road my car started running real hot (almost overheated) I pulled into a parking lot and popped the hood and coolant was squirting out of a small hose that looked like it was connected to the throttle body or somewhere near it. I poured some water in the coolant reservoir and it eneded up on the ground.

On e30's where is the heater core located? Could this just be a busted hose? I will be going back to get my car shortly and it will be light out so i can better assess the problem. Any ideas/tips help. Thanks guys!

I forget the technical term but it's most likely one of the hoses that do go to the throttle body to heat it up.

You may have to goto the $tealership to get a replacement hose. My last experience with those hoses is that most auto parts places must order them or don't even offer them unless you have a good euro car parts store clase to you.

Comment

Is the coolant leaking from the hose itself or from the side of the throttle body where the hose connects to? My car was doing this and I just bypassed the throttle body heater with a pipe fitting and no coolant leak since. Doing this would only be a problem if you lived in a really cold area.

Nick

Comment

It's leaking from right here:

Anyone have the part number to the small gasket that is held on with 3 torqx (spelling?) screws. I'm at school and and no where near my hometown dealer or tools. Looks like i'll be playing parking lot mechanic with next to no tools.

Comment

It is a .10 gasket from BMA. I had that leak on me a while back. I forget what it is called, but fix it soon. If you put it off all that leaking coolant will leak onto and corroad(sp?) a wiring harness loceted below it.

Email that pic to Patrick from BMA and he will get you the part.
          sigpic

Comment

I can't tell what i'm looking at here...anyone want to help me out...

Is it part #21 in this picture:
            Last edited by LikeCDoos; 12-07-2005, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6
              It is a .10 gasket from BMA. I had that leak on me a while back. I forget what it is called, but fix it soon. If you put it off all that leaking coolant will leak onto and corroad(sp?) a wiring harness loceted below it.

Email that pic to Patrick from BMA and he will get you the part.
              I need to replace is ASAP because i fill up my coolant and by the time i drive around the block the coolant has all leaked out.

Do you have his e-mail handy? that would be great thanks!

Weston

Comment

Originally posted by LikeCDoos
                I can't tell what i'm looking at here...anyone want to help me out...

Is it part #21 in this picture:
                Yup, thats it. You may want to grab a couple hose clamps, too.
                '91 318is
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X