Brake lining light is on????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake lining light is on????

I have install two new brake pad sensor on but my light in the cluster still on. What should i look for?

You could have a break on your instrument cluster board that will cause the light to stay on.

This was the cause of my lights being on; fortunately, I had a spare instrument cluster to check it.

Comment

I have a spare and will try to compare thanks

Comment

Mine and many others here have the light on forever...just ignore it or pop the cluster out and remove the bulb.

Comment

Soldering the resistor on the cluster circuit board fixed mine. Read this.

Comment

Make sure you installed new sensors correctly

Comment

Or the connection to the sensor is corroded and needs to be cleaned

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

As mentioned - make sure the contact pins inside are not corroded. clean with contact cleaner and some sand paper. then put some dialectical grease on the pins to create a better contact and to prevent further corrosion.
                sigpic

Comment

I had the light come on intermittently after doing a full brake job with new sensors..

fwiw - it took me a while to trace the fault to the connection plug at the right/rear wheel. Basically - the female connection on one side of the plug was too tight and simply pushed the male connection back into its plug housing. After some fiddling around with needlenose pliers, I got the female connection sized right and now enjoy functioning wear sensors with no dash light on..
                  -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Working...
                  X