Hood won't close *RAGE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hood won't close *RAGE*

my hood latch will no longer engage and catch.

slamming the hood down doesn't help.

I'd sprayed the latch with wd-40/younameit and nothing make it want to operate normally any more.

how have you repaired this issue?

new cable/latch?
    just latch?

such a PITA.
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

This is happening to me RIGHT NOW. With 50mph winds coming. RIGHT NOW. Fuck you E30, only at the worst time do you pull this shit on me.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
    No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

pretty much same thing happened to me.

cruising at 50-60mph on highway, calm weather, sunny day.

*BOOM* the whole hood lifts up, thank god it opens reverse style...scared the hell outta me.

simply gave up I guess?
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

if you take a large screwdriver and push it down can you get it to click/lock. It if moves free and doesnt lock when pushed all the way down the latch is probably worn out.

The Build:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
          pretty much same thing happened to me.

cruising at 50-60mph on highway, calm weather, sunny day.

*BOOM* the whole hood lifts up, thank god it opens reverse style...scared the hell outta me.

simply gave up I guess?
          If it gave out while driving, replace the latch. If it just wouldn't close after opening it, then I would say try to repair.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I had this happen on the highway. I took the latch out and cleaned it the best I could then lubed it. This should fix it unless parts are bent somehow.

Comment

Make sure the release handle inside the car is returning back all the way. If it is stuck pulled a bit, the hood won't latch.

Comment

Most likely only the latch needs to be replaced and not the cable.

My hood wouldn't latch down so I bought a new latch and cable because I wan't sure what it was.

It's quick and easy to replace (and cheap) and I would recommend not trying to fix it. I tried to fix mine while I waited for the latch to arrive and it didn't work.
                sigpic

Buy and sell your E30s and E30 parts on E30 Marketplace!

Comment

Working...
                X