No Spark. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Fief View Post
    So would the best place to go from there be replacing the ignition switch?
    It could be the ignition switch, or the code relay on a car with the 13 button OBC, or an aftermarket security box, or the wiring under the column and to C101, or a problem in C101, or a problem in the engine harness. With the coil connected and the ignition on you use a meter to to work back towards the ignition switch to find where the problem is. Don't just throw parts at the problem while hoping for a favorable outcome.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

So, I'm almost positive that the aftermarket alarm system in my car is the issue. I didn't put it in, it was in the car when I bought it. The wiring for it is a mess, I began tracing it and I got under the center console and found that the wire for the alarm system was fried. It completly melted through the housing of the wire but the connection was broken? I have been trying all day to find where that alarm might be wired in and I can't find it anywhere to take it out.

Does anyone have any ideas on where the alarm could be wired? I checked the ECU, and the ignition and I can't find the broken wire anywhere. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X