OBC not reveiving information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBC not reveiving information

I have a friend's 325ic here that's having obc troubles. The backlight for the OBC display works, as does the Temp/Timer readout. The MPG/Speedo on the cluster works, however the MPG/Speed/VolumeOfFuel on the OBC does not. I've checked the cabling between the OBC and the cluster, and every connection seems to be tight. Any other guess as to what could be causing this? Could anyone tell me which connection on the back of the cluster sends this information (speed/fuel/mpg/etc) to the OBC?

Thanks
    Julien
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

I have the same issue. Any ideas were to check next?

Comment

likely the coding plug on the back of the OBC is missing or broken. Check with your dealer on the price for one for your car.

Comment

The yellow plug on the insturment cluster contains all the OBC signal wires. Was the cluster recently out?
        Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

I bought the car 2 years ago and it never worked. Yes the cluster was out to fix the bulbs in the cluster. i have not had the OBC out. Thanks for the information. I'll check the yellow plug.

BTY she's a 89 325 IC

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kringer View Post
            I bought the car 2 years ago and it never worked. Yes the cluster was out to fix the bulbs in the cluster. i have not had the OBC out. Thanks for the information. I'll check the yellow plug.

BTY she's a 89 325 IC

Kevin
            Check the connection and make sure nothing got pinched.
            Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

it just be you need a new OBC. I had a similar issue and replacing the unit fix all my woes.

Comment

Working...
              X