Ever Replace Rubber Fuel Filler Hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever Replace Rubber Fuel Filler Hose?

Between the gas cap and the gas tank is a metal line about 2" in diameter. However, the last 10" or so it becomes a rubber hose of the same diameter.

The hose in my car is very dry rotted and I'd like to replace it while the tank is out.

I want to buy a new OEM part, but I can't find the part number on realoeam.com

Here's a diagram showing the hose: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...46&hg=16&fg=05

As you can see, there's no diagram number for that hose and no part number.

Any idea what the number is or where to obtain the hose?

Thanks.
    '89 BMW 325is Zinnoberrot / '88 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW GTI 16v Bright Blue Metallic / '91 BMW 325i Black / '91 BMW 325i Sport Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Montana Green / '01 Audi A4 Avant TQM Silver Metallic / '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 Black

i know what hose your talking about. mine is pretty damn dry rotted too. i noticed it while putting in my 5lug RTA's. i was gunna let it be for a little while till i make sure my swap is in good running order. it sucks that they forgot to include that hose. subscribed
    Originally posted by evandael
    a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

Comment

update: http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp
      item # 16 12 1 180 402

if anyone can conclude if this is the hose we are talking about?
      Originally posted by evandael
      a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

Comment

this is the part number you need. i replaced it on my car.

Comment

That's it, you're both correct. Thanks folks!
          '89 BMW 325is Zinnoberrot / '88 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW GTI 16v Bright Blue Metallic / '91 BMW 325i Black / '91 BMW 325i Sport Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Montana Green / '01 Audi A4 Avant TQM Silver Metallic / '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 Black

Comment

Really easy to do. I did this when I replaced my tank but doesn't seem like it would be much more difficult to do with the tank still in there. Might want to replace the hose clamps as well.

Comment

Working...
            X