325i cabrio no start question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325i cabrio no start question

So the run down is i have a 1993 (late 1992) e30 Cabrio 325i that i bought a few months back. Its been sitting since i bought it do to the winter season and it was sitting before i bought it as well. Car ran good only issue was the battery would drain after 4-5 days and the car would have to be jump started.

The Issue:
    I went to start the car 2 weeks ago after i was away on a week of vacation and of course the battery is dead so i try to jump start it, i let the battery charge with my other car for a few mins then try to start it. The BMW starts smooth then instantly dies. I try to start it a few more times and it wont fire. I come back a few days later to try it again with a fresh battery to rule that out. The car does it again starts 1 time then stalls immediately and then wont start up again.

Before i go into checking everything that could contribute to a no start. i was wondering what you all think is the probable cause to this issue. Im thinking its not a spark issue, for flywheel sensor because it does start (once), so I'm leaning toward a lack of fuel. Any help would be great before i spend a hole Saturday morning in the freezing cold starting to diagnose one step at a time.

Thanks Rob

My guess would be a fuel system problem or intake leaks.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Sounds like a fuel supply issues. Pump, filter, or clogged line... something like that.
      90 325i DD/Track
      03 Durango 5.9

Originally posted by e30mpg
      It is recommended to get new gasket but this is R3v and we just copper spray that shit......slap biotch on and tighten to tq.

Comment

Yeah fuel system is my first stop i think. hopefully wont take to long to figure out this issue is stalling my redoing of the interior.

Comment

MY 87 325 has been doing the same for awhile. Did you ever solve your issue?
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X