Early model overheating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early model overheating.

The above title. Recently, I pulled the TB to replace the TPS. When I put it back on, I developed a coolant leak from the TB heater. I decided to bypass it, and things were fine. Yesterday, my car was running hot and steam was coming out of the hood. I opened it up and it was leaking from the fitting. Tightened the hose clamps and the leaking stopped. I
    Didn't get to top off the coolant until today, and even when I did, it was still running hot, and the coolant turned a bit gray. Help?

Side notes: I think it could possibly be the fitting, as it may not be large enough. Also, I seem to have lost a blade sometime recently on the radiator fan, but I wouldn't think one blade would make it run nearly in the red.

Sorry about the formatting, I'm on my phone at work.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    1987 325is, S50B30US, Kamei side skirts, Zender Spoiler.
    MT2 Wheel, 95 M3 Rack, Condor Speed Shop knob, UUC SSK w/ DSSR, Billy Sports/GE Coilovers, KAMotors CAI.

Originally posted by MclubSport
    Why you have a badge on wheel ? You do not know what car you have? But if you have a mustache, you know better where is your mouth?

Horrible with responding to PMs, I'm so sorry.

Well, I just got home, and as soon as I pulled up and turned off the car, I heard a trickling sound; The overflow cap was leaking. I guess I'll order a new one and see if that helps, but I'm thinking I'm going to need a cooling system overhaul soon.
    MT2 Wheel, 95 M3 Rack, Condor Speed Shop knob, UUC SSK w/ DSSR, Billy Sports/GE Coilovers, KAMotors CAI.

Why you have a badge on wheel ? You do not know what car you have? But if you have a mustache, you know better where is your mouth?

Comment

The overflow cap is leaking could be the result of air introduced into your coolant system...i.e., bad HG. Missing one blade could cause an imbalance in the fan, which is not a good thing. Replace the fan, check for any leakage in the coolant system (pressure test), check for sign of oil in coolant, and coolant in oil. With a little bit more of work, you'll be able to figure this problem out. Good luck.

Comment

Well, that's cool. I called around today and am going to try and get the cooling system tested tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X