Chassis possible to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chassis possible to fix?

whats up guys...so I know one of the things that makes the legendary e30 so great is that anything can be fixed and relatively simply but this time im not so sure.

basically i just bought this project and the bottom of the car is really scuffed and scraped up. the previous owner did not replace the front shocks (theyre terrible) and so the bottom of the car has been bouncing and hitting the road repeatedly. as many of you know, things like the oil pan and fuel filter are down there and not only that but the bottom of the car just looks really bad.

How can i fix this? any ideas? its gonna be expensive huh...if even possible.

What are we talking about here? Just some scratching? Scoring? is the underbody dented along the major supports? If the damage is mostly cosmetic, there's no real issue. If the chassis looks like it's been bent or changed shape, straightening it depends on the severity of the damage and your willingness to fix it (read: pay).
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

theres some denting but nothing serious theyre all minor. My concern is that everything under the car is weak. I'm mostly worried about the oil ban breaking because I hear thats an expensive fix and a possible problem when the car is hitting the road, so although its not broken yet im afraid it might be weak. say for example i wanted to replace the chassis, is this possible?

Comment

just build a rotisserie....

Then you can fix anything!
        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

hmm thats not a bad idea iron good one...i dont think im good enough to build one lol but I could definitely learn or buy one. thanks

Comment

This thread is worthless without pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
              This thread is worthless without pictures.
              I wouldn't see worthless, but close. Get us something to look at so we can have a proper discussion.
              sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Working...
              X