What to replace during dash swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to replace during dash swap

So I have a crack-less dash and plan on swapping it within a month, I've done this before and don't plan on doing it for a 3rd time. I'm curious as to what would be a good idea to replace while the dash is out that would normally be difficult/impossible to do with it in.

Thanks in advance for advice/comments.
    Last edited by ButtJuice; 03-01-2013, 01:13 AM.
    sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
    1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
    1991 318is - Sold
    1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Heater core, heater valve, A/C evaporator & expansion valve. Although those aren't impossible or really all that difficult with the dash in place, and in fact I've swapped dashes without removing the center console, so in that case It would be some additional work to get to them (minor of course).

Other than that, I dunno, recirc actuator motors? Never seen em go bad though. SI batteries/odometer gears since you'll have the cluster out anyway? All kinds of things you could list, but I wouldn't worry about doing anything additional while I was in there, personally.
    '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
    '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

^^ x2
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

The foam gasket between the blower and the dash. Details in Klaus' build thread.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I'll add to replace every bulb and the light bar in the OBC (if the car has that).
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

As mentioned above, I'm planning on just doing a heater core and the foam gasket for the blower. Only reason I'm really doing this is because I bought the car as a shell so just replacing whatever is broken...shouldn't be much reason to do anything else since it's all somewhat easy to reach
            320I - under construction

Comment

Clean up the wiring while you're there. Usually what is above the break and around the stereo has been molested so much over the years, and nice cleanup goes a long way.

Comment

Working...
              X