One more WET CARPET thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more WET CARPET thread

after rain my carpet got wat around footrest and also around Gas pedal . checked sunroof drain and its working fine, upper part of the carpet seems to be dry, checked underneath the car no rust on floors

missing plug but around plug carpet is dry
    Last edited by sndohio; 03-04-2013, 06:25 PM.

wat
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Heater control valve. Mines doing the same thing. Its just above the gas pedal.
      Follow us on Instagram @lovestrim

Comment

check the elephant grommet.
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

where is the elephant grommet. ? I just looked the pix one more time and i guess i find the problem

Comment

I woke up with a drenched carpet after a rainy day once, it ended up being the elephant trunk.

This picture should help you locate it. Mine was full of dirt/leaves, it was also so dried up and old that it fell apart after i took it off. Expect to get a new one, or get one from the junkyard like i did.
            87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

I have the same exact problem, I thought the elephant trunk was on the opposite side of the gas pedal in the engine bay so why would leak over there?
              M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Check drivers side door seal for cracks or holes in the rubber. Replaced mine and the flooding of the cabin stopped. Needed to clean elephant trunk grommet also, as it was full of dirt and leaves. Those two things stopped any water leaks in the cabin.

Comment

I found on mine if the Hood seal is not glued tight there is a small gap in the steel lip the hood seal rides on. in both upper corners,basically where fender meets cowl. mine was really dumping passenger side running down the ac lines into extreme upper rt footwell. this could happen on both sides. Found it by waiting for it to rain, and got soaked finding it but finally inside now is DRY!!! I actually used a bit of flexible dumdum seal, rtv would easily do it also. But as mentioned driver side also has the heater core to check.

Comment

Working...
                  X