Locks not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locks not working

The drivers side lock you can put the key in and move but doesnt lock or unlock the the drivers side you put the key in and you cant turn it if yoh lock the car from the onside(I did this accidently) you cant unlock but after a while it unlocks it self now there's a fuse that blows itself up everytime I put one in and I think its the one that has to do with locks? Hope someone can help and thanks in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    sigpic

Originally posted by e34_spangler View Post
    The drivers side lock you can put the key in and move but doesnt lock or unlock the the drivers side you put the key in and you cant turn it if yoh lock the car from the onside(I did this accidently) you cant unlock but after a while it unlocks it self now there's a fuse that blows itself up everytime I put one in and I think its the one that has to do with locks? Hope someone can help and thanks in advance!

First thing to do is buy the lock rebuilt kit. Its actually pretty easy with minimal tools. Theres a bunch of instructions you can google for. Fix the lock first, then trouble shoot the electrical side.
    Haven't you ever seen Russian Nesting Dolls? They work like that.

1987 325e / 2008 135i

Comment

So buying this kit is tge best route nothinv I can test befire buying stuff and I noticed the fuse has nothing to with locks I read it wrong

sigpic

Comment

will the door unlock if you use the trunk lock? If everything unlocks/locks from the trunk EXCEPT that one, its prob your door actuator.

Also double check to make sure the plug in between the drivers door jam (hidden behind the rubber boot) is pushed in all the way....I had issues w/ my door locking/unlocking by itself + not opening on the drivers side. Turns out that plug in the door jam wasn't pushed in all the way. Worth a shot.
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Ok yeab trunk does nothing ill check this out thanks

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X