Lost Overdrive, No Power to the Power Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Overdrive, No Power to the Power Windows

My car runs on ZF 4HP22 EH transmission. I was trying to fix some minor things on the dash where it required me to take out the front and rear consoles. I put all things back as they were, double-checked, triple-checked, and now I created two problems. :(

1. I have no power to the power windows. I checked fuse 17 and its all good. Sunroof is perfectly fine and it shares the same fuse with the windows.
    I checked on the window breaker connection as the power seem to come from there. I noticed that it only had one wire, but the switch has two? Didn't find any other wire that should connect to the other terminal, but I think this is where the missing link is. Tested both old and new switches for continuity, and they're perfectly fine. What am I missing here?

2. I noticed that when I drove off yesterday and got into the highway, it wouldn't go into overdrive. Now, I was getting suspicious as the wirings in that area are bunched up together with the power windows and the A/T. Checked again, and all wirings were in order, clipped, into the sockets, all snug (I didn't touch them anyway).

It seems that the neutral safety switch is not recognizing that the gear is D, but in 3, that is why its not shifting? I looked at the switch, and there seems to be a hack job that was done on the shift lever with all the foil and seeming plastic welding done.

I would appreciate some help on what to look at... Thanks!

She's a DD city dweller and it would tire the driver to go M/T...

i would try to find that other wire for the power windows breaker since it is a breaker

Comment

Originally posted by fatsooo View Post
      i would try to find that other wire for the power windows breaker since it is a breaker
      I already did. When I took it out, it only had one wire and it was running quite well. Could you possibly show pics of your breaker switch if its any different?

Comment

Originally posted by Quinthirty View Post
        I already did. When I took it out, it only had one wire and it was running quite well. Could you possibly show pics of your breaker switch if its any different?
        Took out all the wirings from the shift area and found the wire. Now, there's power! Its weird though. Both wires have the same color. I'm not sure if its original wiring.

I haven't test driven it yet so I'm not sure if I've fixed the overdrive issue as well...

Comment

Working...
        X