Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine harness: Where do these go? (Alt and Starter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine harness: Where do these go? (Alt and Starter)

Hello all,
    Finally finishing up my auto to manual swap, and the only thing preventing me from cranking the car up are a few wires that I am unsure where to connect it to. Below are pictures of the wires I need help with.

Starter: From my readings/horrible memory I believe the big red and black (wire from passenger side firewall) connect to the same terminal which would be the one on the right in the picture? Now, the other black wire as well as the black/green wire I am unsure where to connect it.

Alternator: I have the terminals connected already, but I have no idea where the red wire that is on the housing of the alt connects to.

Lastly, this wire that is hanging near passenger firewall. I want to say it connects to the same terminal as the black wire on the top left of the pictures, but I'd like to clarify with everyone here first.

Thanks for the help R3V!!!

For the starter, Yes the two large gauge wires attach to the 12V positive stud on the starter. The large black is 12V+ from the battery and the red feeds power to the rest of the car, the starter lug is simply a junction spot for them and power for the starter of course. The single black should be the signal from the key and should attach to the s terminal on the starter. The green one also attaches to the starter but i forget what it is called and I also believe it will only be on later model cars, the early ones just had a single small gauge wire. On the alternator, I can't be sure but it looks like someone just made a ground wire out of red 14g wire. Is it connected to the case of the alt? If it is, it's probably just a ground someone added at some time for whatever reason. If your engine and chassis grounds are in proper shape you should not need it. As for the last pic, I'm not near my car so i can't say with certainty so i won't.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X