Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 seat release mechanism (access back seat function)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 seat release mechanism (access back seat function)

My passenger side, outboard release cable is broken: The braided steel wire separated from the metal clip that connects to the post down on the hinge mechanism.

Can I buy this clip (and the plastic guide) separately? Or do I have to purchase the entire cable/metal arm?

Does anybody have part numbers for these? Again, passenger side, outboard (by the door) cable.

Thanks.
    Current: Brilliantrot '91 318is M20B25
    Former: '88 M3 3.2L, '91 318is 2.0L, '90 318i, '85 325e 2.8L, '84 318i 2.0L, '84 318i, '90 325is
    wamchenry@gmail.com
    insta: @simple_machines

Best bet is to find someone with junk sets than can sell you the cable out of it. Its the same part in both the comfort seats as the sports seats, as well as left or right.

Comment

Both cables are available from your dealer (and they aren't expensive). The relevant parts are #1 & #3 on http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...97&hg=52&fg=10
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Or you could just clamp another cable loop on it. Cost two dollars from Home Depo. You get a small, thin section of cable, make a loop, and then clamp it and the old cable together. http://www.picturehanging.co.uk/images/loops.jpg

Comment

Reviving an old thread here. I got an amazing deal on sport seats that were stored outside, the issue being rats ate one of the cables. I'm looking for one of the short cables; however, it looks like the metal piece has a different design than what I'm seeing online. Did bmw make an update along the way? I can guarantee the cables in my seats are original. The one from ECS looks short enough, but when I measure mine from end to end it comes out to 1ft (305mm) and not 465mm. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X