Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

electric fan help.. still cant figure it out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electric fan help.. still cant figure it out!

sorry guys im back again still having the issue..

so I had a Volvo fan on my 318is wired to my aux harness... worked fine no problems for months I would just have to hit the a/c button to turn it on.... I got tired of that and I purchased a lower temp switch for a e36 318ti.. unscrewed the old switch, then screwed in the new lower temp one and plugged it in and now it does not work at all.. I don't know what happened... ALL my fuses are fine.. but now i cannot get the fan to work at all.... will you guys start listing out ideas you may be thinking it could be so i can check them out... i touched the fan wires to the battery and the fan works... after i did that i wired it up one more time and i got it to turn on... turned off the car, soldered the wires... and now again wont work at all.... sorry if this is confusing PLEASE HELP ME......

34 views no help? Come on guys lol

Comment

pictures or a diagram of how you (re)wired it?
      sigpic

Comment

I cut the three wires running tithe aux fan...(black, brown, red) and wired directly to Volvo fan..
        Black on fan - brown on car
        Red- red
        Black -green I think it is.... Worked fine until I installed the switch

Comment

Nobody? I can't figure this out haha

Comment

Make sure the switch you installed is working properly.
            sigpic
            Reich und Roll!

Comment

I keep reading to jumper the wires... anybody wnna tell me how to do that with the wires having prongs at the end for the plug?

Comment

Working...
              X