Possible sources for battery drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible sources for battery drain

I parked my car Friday at 5pm. Went to drive sunday morning for work it was dead. Boosted drove to work. (12am) got out of work 5pm. Dead again.

This morning went to check.. guess what dead again (neighbours all at work, mom not home im screwed.).

What could be draining my battery? I just got it tested at Canadian tire and they said it checked as "Good" but 50% charge.

The trunk light (what caused it before) works properly, same with the glove box light. Everything else seems to be off.

Sold it.

If you can get your hands on a tester, what I usually do is hook up the tester then pull the fuses out one at a time until the draw reading on the tester goes down.
    Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Thats a good Idea. I do have a tester.

Sold it.

Comment

could be alternator problem, not charging the battery?!
        sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

i had the same problem, once i tightened down my alternator belt it never went dead again. your belt might be sliping

Comment

My belt does squeel when its super cold. More things to add to the list. At least its warming up.

Sold it.

Comment

Mike (koncise) had the same problem, and after a long struggle finally traced it back to the system. Unplug the amps from the battery completely and do the same thing to check.

Comment

My system has been in my car forever though. I had parts of it before I even had the car. Why would it act up now?

Also when driving around yesterday I didn't have it on.

Sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW BMXER
                  My system has been in my car forever though. I had parts of it before I even had the car. Why would it act up now?

Also when driving around yesterday I didn't have it on.
                  Same thing with him. He hasn't changed the setup at all in quite a while. And it drains with the system off obviously, since it drains as the car is off.

Comment

What part of the system was it? I cant just take it out. That would be sacralige.

Sold it.

Comment

He said he disconnected "it" from the battery. I'm guessing likely all amps and he left the HU in.

Comment

R.I.P my battery.

1 year old. Poor little guy.

Sold it.

Comment

Working...
                        X