I broke the blinker disengage lever thing in the steering column
Collapse
X
-
i managed to do this by putting a steering wheel on with the turn signal flipped, and the cancel arm out. if you put it on straight, it will snap this arm right off. when i went to the jy to pull a new one, i realized i couldnt pull the steering wheel without the key. i got it by breaking the metal ears off the steering column. cant remember what i used to do it, but make sure you break the metal and not the plastic. one of the few times ive had to mix brute force with finesse. -
Just did this 2 weeks ago on my non-airbag e30 vert. If you pull it from a yard, amke sure not to cut the wires, after that everything else makes sense. If you know how to pull the steering wheel out you are 90% of the way there.Leave a comment:
-
Yes; they all come preassembled as a unit and once you open the casing to switch the little disengage switch out, you've effectively destroyed the turn signal.
New turn signals are cheap. I would just get a new airbag one at the yard/on the boardsLeave a comment:
-
-
-
Yes. 2 screws is all you need to remove to swap the ring out. They are the same for all E30/E28 wheels.Leave a comment:
-
I broke the blinker disengage lever thing in the steering column
I recently snapped the little lever that disengages the blinker when you are turning. Is that something that can be replaced fairly easily? I'm looking on RealOEM but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Any advice?
This is from a 1991 318is airbag model if that makes a difference. Thanks!Tags: None

Leave a comment: