F***ING CIG LIGHTER, 12 V source??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F***ING CIG LIGHTER, 12 V source??

K guys my lighter works whenever it feals like it. I would like to know where else in the car is there a 12v source? I would like to be able to hardwire my radar, and phone charger someone please help!

i have mine hooked up to the window light switch so its only on with the car
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC
      i have mine hooked up to the window light switch so its only on with the car
      location wiring diagram? IM a wiring noob. Window light meaning what gives power to the power window switches?
      Last edited by e30 gangsta; 02-02-2006, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I have my radar detector wired to the auxilary output next to the fuse box that only gets +12v when the ignition is on.

Comment

Let's try to keep the f-bomb and the other 6 dirty words out of thread titles, k guys? :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
            Let's try to keep the f-bomb and the other 6 dirty words out of thread titles, k guys? :up:
            sorry just pissed...

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta
              sorry just pissed...
              Understandably. No big deal. :)

Comment

. No big deal. :)
                Understandably new word?????

Comment

Understandably new word?????
                  You've never heard someone say understandably? As in "you're understandably pissed off"? It's a real word.

Comment

You've never heard someone say understandably? As in "you're understandably pissed off"? It's a real word.
                    sarcasm is the wave of the future

Comment

sarcasm is the wave of the future
                      Indeed it is. Sorry for the thread jack, we now return you to the thread in progress.

Comment

mine is wired to the power sunroof and i mounted the radar detector up high

Comment

Originally posted by warez1
                          mine is wired to the power sunroof and i mounted the radar detector up high
                          I wanna mount mine up there also. But i wanna get a maplight mirror before. Ill probably wire the radar and the maplight to the checkpanel.

Comment

first get the wiring diagrams. search for it
                            then learn how to read it

if you still can't figure it out, post another question

if you want to mount up high, pull power and ground from the check panel
                            you'll want switched +12, not constant like hte cig ligher or glove box flashlight
                            James
                            '88 M3

Comment

Originally posted by jht3
                              first get the wiring diagrams. search for it
                              then learn how to read it

if you still can't figure it out, post another question

if you want to mount up high, pull power and ground from the check panel
                              you'll want switched +12, not constant like hte cig ligher or glove box flashlight
                              got the wiring diagram. Running radar and maplight off the check panal. And ill run the phone chager to the 12v under the powerwindow switches.

Comment

Working...
                              X