hood cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hood cable

For the life of me I'm stumped. My hood was working fine until the cable snapped. I removed it and replaced it. Went to adjust the latch and the hood just won't close. removed the latch, and lubricated it and when the hood is up I've tested the latch and works freely. I've adjusted it every which way possible.

any idea what I've missed?
    Last edited by Ceeker; 06-17-2013, 09:24 AM.
    sigpic

anybody??? :-)
    sigpic

Comment

When you say the hood wont close do you mean that it actually wont even engage the latch or are you saying it engages but doesn't lock it down?

I would pull the system off the car and press it manually to the hood and see what happens, if it works then maybe you arent lined up right. If it doesnt work then maybe the latch system is screwed and you need a new one. There are so many guy son here parting cars I bet you could get it for 10 bucks shipped.

Also, I replaced my cable and I have the latch system secured too high up so if I want to open my hood I actually have to manually press the front end down then pull the lever in the car. If I dont do that then I will actually break the lever. I think you need to be pretty right on or it wont work.
      sigpic
      TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
      FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

ok I disconnected the hood cable to see if the latch worked. result: no dice.
        I even swapped out a used latch.

so my question then is...is there another adjustment that may need to be done in order for the hood to line up properly to the latch. it seems to push the latch mechanism down further from the pre -adjusting setting.
        sigpic

Comment

update: what we found: car was in accident hood latch receptacle was slightly pushed in making the latch sit tilting back. the latch should sit 90 degrees to the wall it is mounted too. We hammered the latch straight and sure enough the hood closed.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X