Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is up with my locks?

My locks have always been like this:

- Trunk lock works great both ways, central locking works great.

- Drivers door will lock, including central locking, but it will only turn 45 degrees the other way. It wont unlock the door or activate the central locking.

- Passenger door, the key will go in and turn a little bit both ways, but it wont do anything.

edit: It looks like the passenger side door works, but I have to really turn on the key to get it to lock or unlock.
    Last edited by 65Matt; 02-06-2006, 10:06 PM.

looks like your door-locks (mechanism, not electronics) are seizing. Same happened with me recently, only both my door locks are jiggling but not actually working the locks any more. My trunk lock works perfectly though, probably since it's not been used as heavily. I'm going to install keyless entry and be done with it.
    This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

I have the same problem, except that on the drivers side the problem was caused by my genius friend who tried unlocking my car with his keys. On the passengers side though, I have the same symptoms you describe.

My fast says: traction control is for the faint of heart :evil:

Comment

i think most of us use the trunk to lock/unlock their cars. Just get a keyless entry system.

'05 Jetta TDI
        '87 325iS: Facelift, Hella Smoked Ellipsoids (RIP)
        '80 320i: 500lbs lighter, Rally/Drifter (SOLD!:( )
        '90 Jetta: Stock Daily Driver (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by CGDoig
          i think most of us use the trunk to lock/unlock their cars. Just get a keyless entry system.
          I only do it because the passenger's side doesn't budge and the driver's door works 1 out of every 5 times I try it. Rather than look like an idiot, I just do it the svelte and savvy way and unlock it from the trunk.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

I was really hoping someone had worked out a solution as I'm having the exact same problems with my locks.

My guess is its some bend rod/metal/thing in the lock that doesn't properly activate the lock/unlock switch unless it get turned ALL the way to the lock/unlock position.

One of these days I'll take it apart and see what the fuck is going on in there.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt
              I only do it because the passenger's side doesn't budge and the driver's door works 1 out of every 5 times I try it. Rather than look like an idiot, I just do it the svelte and savvy way and unlock it from the trunk.
              hahaha i though i was the only one that does that!

Comment

Working...
              X