This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine revs up to about 2k then down to 200 then dies after a min

Well the other day I was driving around and i noticed the engine was reving up then down. So i pulled into a parking lot and it was in idle. Then it died. So basically while i was sitting in idle it would rev up to 2200 then real low (200) then id give it some gas and rev it a little, then it would go back really low (200 rpm) then it would die. And also when it is idling really rough there is black smoke/blue smoke coming out of the exhaust and it smells like gas. Im thinking it could be the Fuel pump relay? what do you think? anybody have this problem? please help! O and i have a 1990 325I 5 speed 199889 miles.
    1990 BMW 325i
    1998 Ford Explorer Sport
    2003 Mercedes Benz C240

I thought you said you work for a BMW dealership? If you can't figure that out there should be atleast 10 other techs that can.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
      I thought you said you work for a BMW dealership? If you can't figure that out there you should be atleast 10 other techs that can.
      I work at mercedes not BMW... So i get Dealership discounts... and the car is at home.. and i was too lazy to have it towed this morning at 530.. But anyways... anyone have a clue?
      1990 BMW 325i
      1998 Ford Explorer Sport
      2003 Mercedes Benz C240

Comment

You get discounts on BMW parts at a Mercedes dealership?

BTW...

black smoke = rich mixture

Blue smoke = oil

If you really had a lot both then you've got more than one problem. I would think that if the fuel pump relay were bad the car would not get enough fuel to start. Reving up and down sounds like a possible TPS problem.

Comment

Tps?
          1990 BMW 325i
          1998 Ford Explorer Sport
          2003 Mercedes Benz C240

Comment

Holy fuck... what do you do at the dealership? work the front desk with the bitches?

TPS = Throttle Positioning Switch

Comment

uhh no i work in the service department.
              1990 BMW 325i
              1998 Ford Explorer Sport
              2003 Mercedes Benz C240

Comment

Holy fuck... what do you do at the dealership work the front desk with the bitches?

TPS = Throttle Positioning Switch

priceless..
                And im curious about bmw discount and MB dealership?? Thats pretty sweet if its true.

Comment

Originally posted by in_si1ence
                  uhh no i work in the service department.
                  Doing what? Printing off reciepts?

BTW.. whatever happened to your 545? Daddy decide to sell it and buy the Mercedes listed in you sig.

Comment

Originally posted by MitchFong
                    priceless..
                    And im curious about bmw discount and MB dealership?? Thats pretty sweet if its true.
                    its a DEALERSHIP discount. not a BMW discount. its not as much as a BMW discount but its still a good discount.
                    1990 BMW 325i
                    1998 Ford Explorer Sport
                    2003 Mercedes Benz C240

Comment

Doing what? Printing off reciepts?

BTW.. whatever happened to your 545? Daddy decide to sell it and buy the Mercedes listed in you sig.
                      And No im trading the 545 in and the c class is the wifes..

Wife Drives the c class to work and she used the explorer on the weekends in the desert
                      I drive the 325 to work and im thinkin about getting a 2006 325i cuz the 545 is just too expensive with the house we are buying in a couple months. (i f@#$ing hate renting!)
                      1990 BMW 325i
                      1998 Ford Explorer Sport
                      2003 Mercedes Benz C240

Comment

aight guy.. you know everything... hahaha go back home and fuck your chichen on the side of your POS shack you live in.. Dont be jealous i live in the MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE IN THE WORLD! if youve ever traveled.. prolly not, you would know this. we live in a beautiful climate the whole year, we drive 2 min to the beach and 2 hours the the snow. all year round we wear shorts and a t shirt, we got it all.. and you dont have to be jealous of what i have and how i earned it. just live your dirty little life watching TV and wishing just wishing you were there.
                        LMAO!.. sure sure... I'm super jealous of your 764 credit score.. whatever makes you feel better. You better get back to work.. you'll need to replace lots of Johnson Rods to save up for that new house.

Comment

o and regards to my sale to you.. i nvr told you how old they were. i said they were used.
                          You do know that blatanly admitting to that fact that you're sorry piece of shit doesn't really help the credability of any of your posts?

Comment

mods can you please lock this thread.. it is completly useless...Ritalian Kid is just taking up all the bandwith on your website and making an ass outta himself..
                            1990 BMW 325i
                            1998 Ford Explorer Sport
                            2003 Mercedes Benz C240

Comment

mods can you please lock this thread.. it is completly useless...Ritalian Kid is just taking up all the bandwith on your website and making an ass outta himself..
                              Yeah mods.. come on close the thread, because I am making a complete ass outta myself..

I seriously hope a mod reads this thread and bans your sorry ass since you blatanly admitted to trying to fuck me over by trying to sell me bad parts through a R3V sale thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X