OBD1 M52 turbo cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBD1 M52 turbo cutting out

driving along normal at 35 with a cop following me after he saw do a pull and the car starts stumbling then shuts off. Each time it stumbled the check engine light flickered but didnt stay on. Then it died.. But starts right up again. The cop probably felt sorry for me and didnt stop and i was able to get it home. It will start and idle for a while then just shut off. Each time it restarts like normal. Im thinking crank sensor or something???
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Probably crank position sensor, possible fuel pump issue but id start at the CPS.
    1987 325is - S52

Comment

sounds like a crank sensor to me. I had that issue with the exact same symptoms earlier this summer.

Comment

I threw a new CPS in it.. No change. I checked the harness out best I could without removing it for a short. Its weird as it runs great and then just dies. It will restart and run for varying lengths of time. I hate problems like this I wish it would just die and not run at all Then i could test things

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Check fuel pressure ? You could rig a gauge to watch what happens when it fails.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            Check fuel pressure ? You could rig a gauge to watch what happens when it fails.
            Good point It really feels electrical to me but that is easy enough to do

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Is this all the time? Or only once the car warms up? Probably not fuel if it's only after it warms up.

Comment

check for codes? OBD1 will store a code even if the light doesnt stay on.
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Well yes. Its only dont it when warm. I gotta get over to superdupers to borrow his peake tool and pull the codes. I really need to get one . Thanks guys

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                    Well yes. Its only dont it when warm. I gotta get over to superdupers to borrow his peake tool and pull the codes. I really need to get one . Thanks guys
                    Yeah... something electrical's probably bad then, I'd rule out fuel. Typically, when electrical components (wires, sensors, motors, ect) are starting to get bad they'll start acting up once they get hot. Based on your symptoms, it sounds like something related to how the computer watches timing is acting up.

I know you already threw a new CPS at it, but I'd test it anyway... I have gotten bad CPS/TPS's before new in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                      Yeah... something electrical's probably bad then, I'd rule out fuel. Typically, when electrical components (wires, sensors, motors, ect) are starting to get bad they'll start acting up once they get hot. Based on your symptoms, it sounds like something related to how the computer watches timing is acting up.

I know you already threw a new CPS at it, but I'd test it anyway... I have gotten bad CPS/TPS's before new in the box.
                      agreed New CPS tests good. But youre right .... When youre in that spot when youre just cruising...Not accelerating and not decelerating it bucks very slightly like a timing issue. It started doing that before this dead stop issue

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                      X