Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best parts supplier?

BMA?

have got a shopping list of [undercarriage] parts to buy in near future. (stock rubber suspension bushings, sway bar mounts/end links, motor/trans mounts, dive shaft flex disc, drive shaft center bearing, & other misc maintenance items)

finding Pelican’s web site more user-friendly. Prices are comparable with slight price nod to BMA on some parts. (obviously concerned about best prices – wanting to place one big order from one supplier than place smaller orders from different suppliers)

realize this forum is BMA biased.. mostly fishing for feedback before making phone call with order.
    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Pelican seems to offer free shipping (?)
    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

I recommend BMA Parts. Talk to Patrick.

Great service and prices.

-Erik

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i

-Erik
        Ditto, he'll also pricematch if you find a cheaper price.

Comment

Also, you may want to check Blackforest

Comment

BMA is good.

Bavauto has always been good to me also: they price match as well.

Comment

BMA Hands down.

If I need something i check BMA first and only purchase elsewhere if I need it same day, or they do not have it.

They have some of the best prices, and can match most others.

The fact that I can toss patrick an email, and usually have a VERY extensive spreadsheet filled out with BMA part numbers and prices same day is the reason I stick with them, nobody else takes the time to actually give a damn.

Patricks rocks, end of story :)

Hell its the same reason I buy some parts locally at the dealer, I maintain a relationship with my parts guys, because when the time comes that i'm in a jam, they can usually always help me out.

my

Comment

BMA is very good. But, try www.fap99.com. He has the same stock for the most part and prices are a LOT lower. I have had faster shipping and the service has been just as good if not a notch better than BMAs.
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

http://stevehaygood.com/

Steve is the best parts supplier next to the dealership I have ever dealt with, Pelican screwed up a very important order, and Steve bailed me out and had me the parts the very next day.\
                  His website isn't the best but just give him a call with the part number you need and he'll get it for you.
                  85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

PELICAN and BMA are great! BUT!! If you need a fender, hood, front valance, Radiator support or radiator.. goto Partstrain.com! they are 2 min south of Compton.. and they parts are EFFING CHEAP! i went on sun to get a valance and a hood! both less than $300!!
                    1990 BMW 325i
                    1998 Ford Explorer Sport
                    2003 Mercedes Benz C240

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i

-Erik

yup.
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Tim LeClair at FAP99.com is just as good on service as Patrick IMHO and he is in Michigan - which means you'll get your stuff in WI faster than from SoCal.

Again, not knocking BMA - they are good. I just like Tim a little better. He even refunded $$ on shipping when the calculated shipping from the website was more than what it actually cost.
                        Current Cars
                        2014 M235i
                        2009 R56 Cooper S
                        1998 M3
                        1997 M3

Comment

I always check with BMA first because Patrick has always taken care of me. The one time I was in a jam and needed parts for the weekend Patrick sent parts to me Next-Day Saturday. I placed the order on Friday on my lunch break and the parts were on my door step before I woke up at 10am Saturday morning.

I've also ordered from FAP99 before but for the record most of his parts are NOT OEM. Most of them are Meyle or Hamburg Technic. BMA usually has OEM and aftermarket in stock.

Originally posted by rs4pro3
                          http://stevehaygood.com/

Steve is the best parts supplier next to the dealership I have ever dealt with, Pelican screwed up a very important order, and Steve bailed me out and had me the parts the very next day.\
                          His website isn't the best but just give him a call with the part number you need and he'll get it for you.
                          You buddy looks as if his website needs some help. Tell him to hit my biz up to build it for him.
                          Last edited by RobertK; 03-06-2006, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
                            I always check with BMA first because Patrick has always taken care of me. The one time I was in a jam and needed parts for the weekend Patrick sent parts to me Next-Day Saturday. I placed the order on Friday on my lunch break and the parts were on my door step before I woke up at 10am Saturday morning.

I've also ordered from FAP99 before but for the record most of his parts are NOT OEM. Most of them are Meyle or Hamburg Technic. BMA usually has OEM and aftermarket in stock.
                            Everything I have ordered was OEM. You might be thinking of FCP - a lot of his is off brand.
                            Current Cars
                            2014 M235i
                            2009 R56 Cooper S
                            1998 M3
                            1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
                              Everything I have ordered was OEM. You might be thinking of FCP - a lot of his is off brand.
                              My bad.. you're exactly right. It was FCP Groton I was thinking of. Though.. if I remember correctly FCP had a really good deal on Lemforder(sp?) control arms.

FAP99 is where I ordered a set of E36 offset urethane CABs from. I only remember them from what I've seen them put up on eBay. But I have no complaints with what I did buy from them so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X