Blower Motor Install Tips & Tricks & Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blower Motor Install Tips & Tricks & Video

Spent a couple hours replacing the blower motor on my '89 325IX this morning. Took twice as long as it should of because of some simple mistakes. Thought I'd share some tips and tricks for anyone else who may need to do this.

Here is the WRONG placement of the back of the clip. DO NOT clip it to the metal bracket. If you do, you will waste 1 hour and 37 minutes until you figure out the right placement.

This is the right place.

And this is a trick you can do to keep the back of the clip secured while installing the motor. Use a couple of zip ties, fasten the back of the clip in place, and zip tie the front to one of the wipers. Once the motor is in, keep upward pressure on the clip as you cut the zip tie (have a pair of dikes on standby), and wrap the front of the clip to secure it to the front of the motor. Easy peasy.

Here's a video showing the blower motor being installed.

To see it in HD, visit the link below.
    This video shows some simple tips and tricks to get the blower motor installed correctly on a BMW e30. To see the correct placement of the back of the clip, ...

Hope this helps others.
    Last edited by Phoney36; 10-19-2013, 11:08 PM.

good job on clip details! First time i did that job I was trying to save the factory ties and didn't cut the ties holding the wires on the firewall. Not cutting those makes it difficult to shimmy the blower out. Cutting them and getting the wires all the way out of the way makes a big difference?

Regards! A

Havent watch the vid but wish you would have had those clip orientation pics up a few years back.

p.s. I recognize those cuts on your hands. haha ;-)
    Last edited by restart; 10-20-2013, 09:04 AM. Reason: add content
    RESTART

Comment

Omg thank you so much for this. The metal strap fell out when I pulled the motor so I never saw where it went in initially. I thought I was losing it.
      Last edited by spec-al; 03-20-2015, 05:03 AM. Reason: thread from the dead but don't care

Comment

blower motor

Pictures are fantastic. Who among us has not been engaged in futile battle trying to attach the clip to the metal bracket? Another tip for removal of the clip is to loop a piece of thin but strong wire behind the clip, work the looped wire to the bottom of the clip and then use an open ended wrench to push down on the wire loop and at the same time pulling the wire end towards you. After moderate effort the clip pops off and is not bent and remains in perfect condition. No tools touch the clip potentially causing damage.

Comment

Working...
        X