auto tranny 87 325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto tranny 87 325

just came back from work this morning and noticed that my transmission was not shifting the way it normally does. My question is are any of you from philly or the area and know of a reputable shop to take it to. i have been taking it to Koz BMW in south jersey. Have any of you had there transmission replaced/repaired and how much was the bill. I have a feeling this is going to hurt the wallet. By the way, i have an 87 325 w/ auto trans. i am in the Philly area

PS. i changed the trans. fluid at 177,xxx no it has 217,xxx

How often does the tranny fluid need to be changed?

I'd do a new filter and fluid. Seems to usually cure strange behavior with auto trannys.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

if you do the tranny swap go for manual, from what ive heard the auto boxes suck ass
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

check the fluid level also. Do this while the fluid is warm and the engine is running.
        Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
        http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

As mentioned if you haven't changed the filter, do so soon before it's too late.
          I believe that I have a brand new filter/gasket kit left over if you need/want.
          I had a problem w/ my ol' 88is. when it was cold it wouldn't shift out of first gear. Agter that it wasn't long before that tranny was toast
          sigpic
          Wastedincome420@yahoo.com

CURRENT STOCK LIST:
          00' e38 750iL HighLine=Highway Queen
          92' e30 318 vert=Aint going anywhere
          91' e34 535iM=Aint going anywhere
          91' e34 525iA=For parts
          92' e34 535iA=For parts

Comment

auto tranny

thanks for the help guys. i am in philly and it has been absolute freezing here for the past couple of days. i changed the tranny fluid and filter the last time but it is too cold to do it now. i think i am gonna have it flushed, change oil and filter. hopefully it solves the problem. Could the cold weather be the cause? i have never had any problems with the tranny until today. no noises/rattling nothing. thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X