Little wires on the AFM (wtf?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little wires on the AFM (wtf?)

As you can see from the picture below, there seem to be two TINY wires between the AFM harness and the circuit board, and they seem soldered to the harness end, and glued(?) to the circuit board end. These two tiny wires are preventing me from separating the harness from the circuit board. They seem to be redundant, since there are also two metal bars next to the wires contacting the circuit board by pressure. Can I just cut/remove these wires? Has anyone even NOTICED these before? The reason I ask is because I was switching AFM circuit boards for fun (M20 board into M30 AFM), and this got in the way. Input?

This is your M20 on steroids:

they are normal. also they are not glued on you will be able to just pull the whole plug out after you remove the 4 screws and that other wire connecting the wiper arm to the main plug.

Comment

No they ARE glued! I already tore them off another AFM inadvertantly!

Comment

they are not supposed to be glued, just unplug the wire for the wiper and the temp sender, then unscrew the 4 screws and pull the plug straight out.
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

they slide off
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I know what your talking about. when i did my M30 AFM swap, I just cut them out. it still ran fine. but the whole thing was overrated to me anyway, paying 1,20 a liter for gas. put the stock one in cause it always smelled like the car was running rich.

Comment

I was hoping the M30 AFM would help my 2.7 stroker breath a little better, am I on the right track? Mind you, this is only a temporary measure till the SMT-7 arrives, then a MAF will replace it.

Comment

Working...
              X