Help please: I have no idea what this wire is from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please: I have no idea what this wire is from

I am trying to sell my 1987 325es today and while washing and wiping down the car and engine bay, upon completion I can start the car and it fires and everything is normal, but will not hold and idle and I am unable to drive it or hold the revs up without it being 2k+

The wire I found appears to be burned off and I am not even sure it is related to my idle issue right now. Previously to this issue, the car had a slight idle issue sometimes but was functionally fine 70% of the time. I had a feeling it was a vacuum leak.

I am lost and need to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks, Josh
    Attached Files

Looks like the oil pressure sensor wire. Check to see if the sensor on the bottom passenger side of the block has any wire going to it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

No idea what the wire goes to, but car is back to drive status. I have no clue what fixed it but its good to go again.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuaaa View Post
        washing and wiping down the car and engine bay
        The first thing I'd do is make sure your plug wires, cap/rotor, distributor and coil are all dry. Problem could come back if it gets wet / moisture builds up again, definitely bad for a sale. Wet spark systems don't work very well ;)

Comment

Haha that was poor writing on my part, I sprayed no water with the hood open. I used a dry rag to wipe down some of the major dirt in the hood.

However, the problem came back today randomly. Someone suggested to check the camshaft position sensor. Anyone have any thoughts on this as to being related to what I described?

Comment

Working...
          X