318i (91) HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318i (91) HELP!!!!

I have a problem with my high beams ,battery drain, my high beams will only work if I use them to flash on comeing traffic if I push my indicator lever forward to the high beam setting my high beams won't work....also if I let my car sit it will drain the batter within an hour or two.....is there anyway I can fix this please helppp thanks
    E30s for life. will drive nothing else than a BMW.

Something in your car has constant power, even after you turn the key off. That has to be a very large parasitic draw and your battery must be junk. Look up how to find a parasitic draw. After you determine what circuit the draw and or draws is on, look at the electronic manuals determine what is on the circuit and disconnect each one until you find it. As for the high beams it could be the switch. If you can flash by pulling the lever toward you there shouldn't be anything wrong with you the rest of your high beam circuit other than the switch. Good luck, you will learn a lot about your car as you diagnose this problem.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Are you turning your lights off when you leave the car? If the light switch is left on the parking lights will stay on and can easily kill your battery in a couple hours.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
        Are you turning your lights off when you leave the car? If the light switch is left on the parking lights will stay on and can easily kill your battery in a couple hours.

All my lights are off but my fogs are acting up and wont turn on so I think many I leaving that switch on ? And it could possibly be draining it as well and for the high beams I went through and checked everything and they work now thank you
        E30s for life. will drive nothing else than a BMW.

Comment

Working...
        X