No announcement yet.

Sterring Rack Replacement Questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock is more than 4 turns. I'm pretty sure it's like 4.5-4.75.

Anyone have a stock and wanna go test?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6
      Stock is more than 4 turns. I'm pretty sure it's like 4.5-4.75.

Anyone have a stock and wanna go test?
      Stock is 4.
      Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Shit.. so many options..

I want the Z3 rack for sure.

As far as the PS high pressure hose is concerned everything I read is fuzzy.. it says you can use a E36 hose and bend it or you can just bend the E30 hose..

I have an 87 so the air bag factor isn't a problem. I've read so much stuff but I don't have many definate answers before I order the parts.
        Last edited by RobertK; 03-12-2006, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I just bought EVERYTHING for a Z3 conversion that will be going into my 92' cabby which will undergo airbag deletion. I haven't done it yet as I'm waitin on new control arms and tie rods.
          I actually thing thatthe Zionsville kit is priced pretty good if you add up everything seperate. Plus they give you a complete install cd manual
          sigpic
          Wastedincome420@yahoo.com

CURRENT STOCK LIST:
          00' e38 750iL HighLine=Highway Queen
          92' e30 318 vert=Aint going anywhere
          91' e34 535iM=Aint going anywhere
          91' e34 525iA=For parts
          92' e34 535iA=For parts

Comment

The Zionsvile Kit is nice and all but I can't stand dealing with core charges and returns online.

I found a used Z3 rack for $125 shipped and the parts required to modify the steering knuckle is a whopping $5 and some change from BMA.

All I need now is a High Pressure E36 PS hose and some E36 tie rods.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
              The Zionsvile Kit is nice and all but I can't stand dealing with core charges and returns online.

I found a used Z3 rack for $125 shipped and the parts required to modify the steering knuckle is a whopping $5 and some change from BMA.

All I need now is a High Pressure E36 PS hose and some E36 tie rods.
              Yeah the "core charge" thing is new w/ zionsville. BUT you can also order the kit piece by piece now. I also got brand new low pressure lines, Resavore, along with a brand new pre bent high pressure hose. the Hp line will cost ya $150+. Also need to make or buy spacers for the rack mount.;)Why e36 tier rods?? I'm pretty sure everybody uses' e30 ones.
              sigpic
              Wastedincome420@yahoo.com

CURRENT STOCK LIST:
              00' e38 750iL HighLine=Highway Queen
              92' e30 318 vert=Aint going anywhere
              91' e34 535iM=Aint going anywhere
              91' e34 525iA=For parts
              92' e34 535iA=For parts

Comment

Originally posted by wastedincome
                Yeah the "core charge" thing is new w/ zionsville. BUT you can also order the kit piece by piece now. I also got brand new low pressure lines, Resavore, along with a brand new pre bent high pressure hose. the Hp line will cost ya $150+. Also need to make or buy spacers for the rack mount.;)Why e36 tier rods?? I'm pretty sure everybody uses' e30 ones.
                I'm pretty sure I can handle bending the hose myself to avoid the $60 mark up on the pre-bent one. The spacers are $5 in parts I was referring to in my last post. It wouldn't hurt to replace the resivour now that I think of it.

I think I'm going to put together a thorough write up when I finish this.

Comment

e36 tie rods are bigger stronger and better, you can use either the e30 or z3 (same as e36) tie rods though, but you cant mix the innners and outters

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
                    I'm pretty sure I can handle bending the hose myself to avoid the $60 mark up on the pre-bent one. The spacers are $5 in parts I was referring to in my last post. It wouldn't hurt to replace the resivour now that I think of it.

I think I'm going to put together a thorough write up when I finish this.
                    I made good on my promise... here is the guide I said I would put together:

Comment

Working...
                    X