power steering stiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power steering stiff

Hi,i need a bit of your help and opinion on the power steering pump system.I had a small leak coming from under the reservoir and it was due to a small crack at the top of the hose which i solved by cutting a piece from the edge and put new clips but whilst everything was out i decided to change the oil so i took out as much as i can of the old,fitted everything back,refilled with new oil and obviously i bled the air out as much as possible by turning the steering wheel from lock to lock several times,even with the car on axle stands as recommended by haynes manual.Air bubbles came even with the wheels straight with turning the steering wheel (I found that quite strange) But the problem is that after the oil change and bleeding,the steering is still quite stiff which wasn't before,when turning from lock to lock there is a whining noise and now there is a leak from the underside of the pump which i can't locate but it's not from the hose connections....I will try to upload a video clip soon.

Help would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks

What fluid did you put in? It should have been ATF.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

It's ATF dexron lll

Comment

Working...
      X