FlyingBrickpeformance eyelet anchors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FlyingBrickpeformance eyelet anchors

i have a harness i want to install and i found these http://flyingbrickperformance.com/ca...roducts_id=185 on there. My question is does this replace the bolt that holds the seatbelt reciever to the seat, or does it go into the floor. I need to hook the lap belt part of the harness somewhere strong enough i wont die if i do crash. So the seatbelt reciever seemed like a logical spot plus i'd want to keep my stock belts for daily driving.

Those are designed to where you drill a hole threw the floor,and use a steel plate under the floor to reinforce, and then use a nut on the underside to bolt down the eyebolt. FYI The safest way to mount harness is to a harness bar or roll bar, other wise you'd might die if you mounted them the way you are mentioning.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

http://e30m3performance.com/installs...s/harness2.htm

This is what those are meant to be used for.

Comment

yeah i have a harness bar in the mail right now, should be here friday or saturday. "Kit includes a 1.75" thread length eyebolt, nut and lock washer. Threads into all 7/16" "DOT" seat belt anchors on European, Domestic and other imports." tahts what Flying brick says. i guess i'm misunderstanding them.

Comment

yes but last time I checked the e30 didn't use 7/16" bolts

Comment

ok yeah you have a point there, tahnks

Comment

I just came across this thread and hope that if the eyebolts are going to be used, they will be installed with a steel plate for support and that they will NOT be used in the seat anchoring mounts, for 2 very important reasons:

1-harnesses need to be installed with very specific strap angles for proper operation
              2-mounting these to your seat will not work

Please make sure that if you're installing a harness, you do it properly and ask questions when you purchase. Otherwise, you run the risk of installing things incorrectly which could result in injury or death.
              Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

thanks

Comment

Also, don't run harnesses with just a harness bar. The harness bar will provide you with no roll over support in the event of an accident leaving you with the chance of getting crushed.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick325is
                    Also, don't run harnesses with just a harness bar. The harness bar will provide you with no roll over support in the event of an accident leaving you with the chance of getting crushed.

Nick
                    Sounds like you mean he shouldn't run the car without a roll bar to me. Is your point that in the event of an accident, the harness bar will fail and the harnesses will be rendered useless, or that the harness bar provides not roll-over protection?
                    Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Working...
                    X