A/C acting strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C acting strange

So i recently filled up my A/C with R12 after replacing a few leaking parts. Now it's acting very strange. The lines aren't too cold, but the air blowing in the car is very cold. And the low-side pressure is only about 21 psi, but the sight glass is completely full. If i go by the pressure, i need to add more r12. But if i go by the sightglass, it's fine. what could cause this discrepancy?

No bubbles at all in the window?

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
    When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

where do you get R12 now? HOw much was it?

Comment

Hey man the AC blows cold right?
        Back to my roots

Comment

Whats wrong with 21psi? its very cold?
          Whats the high side?
          Sounds like no problem to me.

Comment

Well the R12 capacity is 2.1 lbs

The high pressure switch opens 370-397 psi and closes 290-326psi

The low opens 25-32 psi and closes 29-35

So if you are testing it at max A/C with the engine running, then you SHOULDsee the coolant foaming or bubbling in the sight glass. I'm thinking you shoul go ahead and fill to recommened amount of R12. Pluss where did you find R12 without the license?

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
            When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
            "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
            Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

bump!

Comment

I would fill it by pressure. it is accurate. I can get r12 too, my buddy stockpiled it before it was no longer available in cans. he must have 400+ of them left... plus a few tanks... :)

Comment

Working...
                X