Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement

Will this work?
    My MPG is terrible and besides replacing the injectors this is the only thing that I think may be causing it. I don't want to break the bank if I replace it with OEM and turns out this wasn't the issue.

Their website says it is a direct fit, so yes.

Have you replaced your O2 sensor?

Comment

A simple test of the rail pressure will tell if the FPR needs to be replaced. There are a number of things that can result in poor fuel economy. Some like having the injectors professionally cleaned, rebuilt, and flow tested or replacing the distributor, rotor, wires, and plugs are things that you do just based on age. The rest can be diagnosed and repaired as indicated.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
        A simple test of the rail pressure will tell if the FPR needs to be replaced. There are a number of things that can result in poor fuel economy. Some like having the injectors professionally cleaned, rebuilt, and flow tested or replacing the distributor, rotor, wires, and plugs are things that you do just based on age. The rest can be diagnosed and repaired as indicated.
        I've replaced everything in the ignition system that would be suspect except for the high dollar items like the injectors, fuel pump, and FPR. O2 was just changed two months ago.

Comment

Check your coolant temp sensor.
          Originally posted by codyep3
          I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
          2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
          1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
          1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
          2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
          2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
          2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
          2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
          2010 F650gs twin
          2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Working...
          X