Heated Mirrors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heated Mirrors?

I may buy a set of factory heated mirrors but my question is will they work in my car? I didn't have that stock. I asked the seller and he said he didn't know how it worked. He said the connectors are the same btw a heated and non-heated set, the diff appears to be two wires going to the back of the glass on the mirrors. So is there supposed to be a switch or something? This just seems like something nice to have since I go to school in the mountains.
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

IIRC heated mirrors are always as long as the ignition is on. So they'd be connected to switched 12v lines. Shouldn't be too hard to wire up.
    This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

You would have to wire it up yourself probably, unless your car came with alot of options. Just take your door panel off and look and see if you have the heated locks wiring too. the wires for the mirror should be taped to the side of the door under the panel.

Comment

wow heated locks! so is there supposed to be a switch to turn the heat on?
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I just installed heated wide-angle mirrors in mine, but I chose to wire them so that they are only on when the rear defroster is on. Just didn't see any need to have them always on...

As far as wiring the mirrors (the heating element), just run +12V to one terminal, the other to ground. That's it.
          John in MD - 1991 318is
          190k miles and still rolling!

Comment

cool thanks guys

Comment

yep, the only option on my car was the winter package. heated locks, washer nozzles, and mirrors. other than that my car got ZERO.- oh hand crank sunroof, and a bitchin 1.6 M10!

Comment

Working...
              X