Damn Electrical Problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Electrical Problems!

well my car needs alot of work. a fuse kept blowing when i turned on the light switch. i found that it was the gray/red wire. i followed it down to the connection on the side of the drivers seat down in the carpet. i disconnected all the wires (i think it was 6 wires) and found the one that keeps blowing the fuse.

i was wondering if theres a manual that lets you see where the wires run. i cant really see it in the bentley.

also my power side mirrors dont work at all. any clues where to start? i have all brand new fuses in.

thanks

Billy
    NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Ill make this easy for you:

You have one of 3 problems:

1. Open - a wire is cut somwhere or not connected
    2. Short to Ground - a hot wire is chaffed and grounding out or two wires are rubbing each other
    3. Super high resistance - corrosion, bad connection. shit like that.

If you have your bently, it will tell you the location of the connectors, and using an Ohm meter you can find about anything.

On your power mirrors, check to make sure you're getting power to the mirrors or to the switches. It helps to devote a full day of just diagnosing. grab a pencil and paper, and make some of your own diagrams. it will help you when you start charting your results.

Kyle
    1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
    DILLIGAF

Comment

Working...
    X