Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

steering/suspension probs (shakey steering wheel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering/suspension probs (shakey steering wheel)

So lately my steering wheels been super shakey when driving over uneven road or just driving past 50, I just changed my ball joints all around thinking that would solve the problem but it's still acting up just not as bad, could it maybe be my steering rack?I deleted my power steering a while ago but the shaking started before I changed my lollipop bushings+ ball joints

Bump?

Comment

My wife's corolla was like that out of no where last week. I checked all the wheels weight and none were missing. I checked the tires and two of the tires were covered with road tar. That causes the two wheels to be off balance and created a shake at highway speed.
      Last edited by mr.vang; 07-25-2014, 08:56 PM.
      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

have you gotten an alignment?

Comment

I would first try swap the rear wheels to the front to see if it's a bent rim. I had that problem with mine. Gave a bad shake around 60 mpg or lower if I hit a bump.
          sigpichttp://www.germanaudiospecialties.com/

1986 325es :early:

Comment

Originally posted by Dakotademon7 View Post
            I would first try swap the rear wheels to the front to see if it's a bent rim. I had that problem with mine. Gave a bad shake around 60 mpg or lower if I hit a bump.
            the shaking was probably coming from you not the car... you must have to get really really close to the back of that semi to get 60 mpg ;)

Op, might be silly but are your lugs tight? also +1 on the slighly bent rim theory

--Mike
            (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

I'll swap the wheels thanks guys

Comment

Working...
              X