No windows, no blower, no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No windows, no blower, no power

I cant seem to get power to my windows, my blower motor or a bunch of other things. It all stems from the Load Reduction relays. Neither K5 nor K7 close passing power to the circuits. It seems as though the pin 86 ground does not actually ground. If I short pins 30 and 87 everything works without a problem. There is a green/black wire that comes out of the 86 pin (ground). Has anyone had a problem with this relay not closing? I have power on the relay pin 85 and if I only have one relay in I can get it to close sometimes but not if I have both relays in (k5 and K7). Where is the ground for these wires?

I shorted pin 86 straight to ground and it blew fuse 10, I belive? Anyone have problems like this before?

the ground on that relay, grounds threw the starter, I had the exact same issue on my m30.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Sweet, that is what I was looking for. Is there a wire straight from the fuse box that should ground on the starter? I have an M30 in there instead of the M20 so should there be an extra wire floating free in there? Its possible I did not hook that up correctly. Do you know what the ground looks like... gauge or color? What did you do on your M30 to fix it?

Comment

Well I used the e30 engine harness on the m20, I had to splice the black/yellow and black/green wires together. Should be pin 15 in your c101 connector

Comment

One more stupid quick question. You spliced the green.black wire from pin 15 to the yellow black wire on the M30? harness? I assume you meant you used the E30 harness on the M30, right? I will have to play around with this tomorrow. I think on my M30 harness pin 15 is for the P/N input.

Comment

That did the trick. I grounded pin 15 and now everything works again. Thanks

Comment

no problem

Comment

Posting to this as I may have a similar problem - I believe the k7 relay is causing the lack of power to my side mirrors and my blower motor. Anyone confirm?

Comment

Working...
                X