325e junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325e junk

I recently received a call from a colleague that offered me access to a soon to be junked 1980 something 325e.. He stated I can pick anything off it before its hauled off..

I own a 1991 325i, 1990 325ix and a 1991 325ic..

The vehicle is not in great shape (obviously since it is being junked).. body panels are all damaged - hit a deer a couple of years ago and the engine would be suspect - unless I wanted the block for a stroker... but then if I do this - should I pull other things?

Im thinking of pulling wiper motor, switches, maybe alt and starter just for backup.. ?

Any thoughts on what I should pull or shouldnt pull?

Originally posted by 95BMWIC View Post
    I recently received a call from a colleague that offered me access to a soon to be junked 1980 something 325e.. He stated I can pick anything off it before its hauled off..

I own a 1991 325i, 1990 325ix and a 1991 325ic..

The vehicle is not in great shape (obviously since it is being junked).. body panels are all damaged - hit a deer a couple of years ago and the engine would be suspect - unless I wanted the block for a stroker... but then if I do this - should I pull other things?

Im thinking of pulling wiper motor, switches, maybe alt and starter just for backup.. ?

Any thoughts on what I should pull or shouldnt pull?
    Ask the guy if he would part out any of the good parts, split the extra cash 50/50 between you, as well as help out some of the E30 guys who need the parts. Just an idea.

Also another part as an idea is window motors/regs.
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
    Originally posted by Northern
    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
      Ask the guy if he would part out any of the good parts, split the extra cash 50/50 between you, as well as help out some of the E30 guys who need the parts. Just an idea.

Also another part as an idea is window motors/regs.

I can part out anything - even take the whole car if I want - but the condition is poor.. poor - even engine is questionable..I dont think the oil was changed in 25K miles... so good parts are limited..

Window motors - good idea.. I'll check fogs..

Is the computer worth it? It wont help my models - but I can pull it.. anything else of value ?

Comment

325e junk

Originally posted by 95BMWIC View Post
        I can part out anything - even take the whole car if I want - but the condition is poor.. poor - even engine is questionable..I dont think the oil was changed in 25K miles... so good parts are limited..

Window motors - good idea.. I'll check fogs..

Is the computer worth it? It wont help my models - but I can pull it.. anything else of value ?

ECU? Eh.. I don't think so, if it was a 173 then id say yes.

I kind of see it in bad taste if you take parts off his car and sell it. I'll think about anything that may be worthwhile and add it here

Tails? Trunk? Fenders? Struts? (assuming they're the 51mm and not 45mm) 5 speed?

If you want a stroker, just pull the block and rotating assembly. The rest, you use i parts or can be had for cheap.
        Last edited by HennaE30; 01-31-2015, 08:08 PM.
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
        Originally posted by Northern
        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

I want the oil pan!

Comment

Is the gauge cluster cracked? , I would take the battery as a back up if it's decent.
            BMW tech
            Umass Amherst
            05 wrx sti

Comment

...like vultures picking a carcass clean...:p
              Mike
              Cary, NC
              Current Rides
              1991 325iC - For Sale
              2006 M3 Cabriolet
              Past Rides
              2000 323i Touring - Daily Driver