E30 Swap Low Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Swap Low Heat

I have an 85 323i with an M50 swap that is producing very little heat. Just replaced the heater valve and heater core and bled it numerous times but no changes. The top hose going into the core gets hot but the bottom hose stays cool. Could the hoses be mixed up? Could it be a weak water pump? Car is not overheating and temp is right in the middle.

I just replaced all the hoses on my 1991 325iC. For my car, the coolant inlet (HW to the core) is the lower pipe on the firewall. Not sure if it makes a difference if you reverse the lines. Or your heater valve may not be opening up correctly. Or there is air in the core. Let us know what you find.
    Mike
    Cary, NC
    Current Rides
    1991 325iC - For Sale
    2006 M3 Cabriolet
    Past Rides
    2000 323i Touring - Daily Driver
    1994 325is (S50) - Fast Car
    1998 Z3 - Fun Car
    1986 325e (i engine conversion)
    1969 Mustang Mach 1

Comment

yea try to swap the lines and see if it makes a difference. i cant remember which hose went where when i had a swapped e30. also not sure if your car has the extra valve that goes to the heater core hoses. if so that may be clogged. let us know what happens as well. good luck
      Originally posted by evandael
      a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

Comment

Low heat

My hoses coming into the heater core were reversed. Switched them and all is good.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X