Clifford Keyless Entry using BMW key fob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clifford Keyless Entry using BMW key fob

I never thought I would enjoy keyless entry on an e30, but the PO installed one and I must say I like it.

I've tried searching and haven't been able to find any info on a mod like this, but I'd like to ditch the generic ugly looking fob for a modern BMW one. I'd really just be looking to do the basics too - lock & unlock the car.

Has anyone done this? Is it possible?

Something like this...

GE has a nice flip key one that I am running in my convertible. It feels like decent quality materials.
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I have one of those fobs torn apart somewhere. My plan was to hollow it out and retro fit my fob into it. Hot glue maybe unsolder or two into the BMW switches.

Space was my biggest issue. My particular keyless fobs were too wide and would require me cutting and rebuilding traces. Also not enough space for batteries since I don't have button cells. I took apart a trash generic Chinese fob I had lying around. I think I could of made that one work, but the overall unit was so cheap I trashed it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

I really like the e46 keys. I always wondered if anyone had managed to retrofit a keyless system into one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
          I really like the e46 keys. I always wondered if anyone had managed to retrofit a keyless system into one of those.
          GE makes a kit with a e46 key fob.
          2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
          (Daily Driver)
          Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
          KW V2 Coilovers
          VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Working...
          X