M20 Idle problems (video inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 Idle problems (video inside)

Having a an idle problem with my 89' iX. Seems to almost fall flat on its face when given low throttle almost to the point of stalling. At normal throttle it seems to be okay. It's mostly if I'm inching up in traffic or reversing when I don't need much throttle.

Recently replaced the following parts:
    Spark plugs
    Spark plug wires
    Cleaned ICV
    Cleaned throttle body
    Throttle cable
    Fuel filter
    ICV to manifold hose

No vacuum leaks from what I can tell. My guesses are AFM or the throttle body itself?

thanks in advance

You need to adjust your valves.

Comment

Yeah I know, I'm doing it this weekend. I don't think that would cause a low idle problem though would it?

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
      You need to adjust your valves.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Prestige View Post
        Yeah I know, I'm doing it this weekend. I don't think that would cause a low idle problem though would it?
        Your idle sounds fine when you are not pulling on the throttle cable. Adjust your valves is the first thing to do.

Comment

Anyone have any ideas for me other than telling me I need to adjust my valves? Will be adjusting them tomorrow.

Comment

The other thing you should check is your injectors. They might be letting in too much fuel. You said that there is no vacuum leak, but did not say how you perform the test. Did you do a smoke test?

Comment

Working...
            X