*edit*(now have spark and fuel but no start)No spark, clicking\arcing noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*edit*(now have spark and fuel but no start)No spark, clicking\arcing noise

***Edit: main relay and fuel relay may have been. A using my problems. When I jump them the clicking I hear near the fuel rail and towards the bottom end stop. (Obviously I hear the fuel running and the icv humming with the relays jumped. Will no more next week when I get the relays in. So far still no start scenario tho I have spark and fuel now-sun Oct 11th**

89 325ix. Autotragic. Bought it as a non runner and to put my 2.8 stroker in it and manual swap later. But want to try and get it running as is... compression is a little low 90\120\120\90\120\120. No spark..smells like I'm getting fuel.

Anyways noticed an arching\clicking noise in the engine bay. The noise happens once you try and turn it over. After you have turned the motor over the noise starts randomly stopping.if I unplugged the icv the click stopped at first..a few more test and it started clicking\arcing somewhere else. If I unplug the ecm\main relay the arcing\clicking stops all together..not sure if I should be looking for a bare wire or messed up relay somewhere.

Has new cps,rotor,cap,coil,spark plugs (not wires). Multimeter tested power on both sides of coil but may need to test again. Kinda unsure what my next move should be. The clicking sounds like it's coming from inside the engine or arcing off the motor.(I know its not actually inside the motor), gonna go see if I see any sparking in the dark. Would I be getting fuel if the main relay was bad?
    Last edited by Zaun; 10-11-2015, 05:20 PM.

Actually just tried again the clicking stops when I unplug either the main relay or the fuel relay (either or)...both those relays are flickering back and forth after attempt to start. Same time the icv is clicking at times and something else possibly on the fuel rail and possibly at the bottom end near the starter...sorry for so vague. May go pick up a mechanic stethoscope to try and pinpoint better.

Comment

Jumped main relay and got spark still no start checking fuel

Edit: jumped fuel relay got nothing..pulled hose off fuel pressure reg and tried got fuel..plugged everything back up and this time jumping the fuel pump I heard the fuel pump running..

Still no start atm..but maybe flooded not sure..it bumped like it tried to start.
      Last edited by Zaun; 10-11-2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X