squeal noise under driver side dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

squeal noise under driver side dash?

so I have been hearing a loud squeal/whine when starting my car when its cold. it does not happen on a warm start. I swapped out the fuel regulator in the front but not the back.

also when idling i hear like a murmur noise around the same spot. or like a buzzing noise, however it not continuious. its more off a on and off Morse code. I hear the fuel relay is notorious for buzzing.
    |OO=[||][||]=OO|
    /____ALPINA____\

sigpic
    300lbs Deadlift

1987 325es 2.7i chipped
    1992 325i : SOLD
    2004 e46 M3
    2007 e90 M3

Check the Power steering pump or alternator. Try checking the belt tension and then spinning the pulleys by hand to see if they feel gravelly or have extra play in them. If they check out OK, try some belt dressing. Cold in San Jose is nothing like cold in the Midwest. You can get a stethoscope from Harbor Freight for under $10. Just keep it out of the moving parts when you probe around. Your Idle Control valve makes noise but not squealing.

Comment

the belts are brand new, and they squeak a little so i put wd-40. the pulleys are fine as well.. when I get off of school I try to record it and hopefully itll capture the sound.
      |OO=[||][||]=OO|
      /____ALPINA____\

sigpic
      300lbs Deadlift

1987 325es 2.7i chipped
      1992 325i : SOLD
      2004 e46 M3
      2007 e90 M3

Comment

Working...
      X