Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People with ABS need some pictures

Hi Guys.

For those guys who have ABS in their E30's I need to know which hole in the chassis the ABS Sensors run through. Mine run through a big hole and have no grommet.

So I bought new abs sensors thinking they have some big grommet on there but the grommet is just about 1 or 1.5 centimeters in diameter.

Would you guys please send me some pictures on what hole your ABS Sensors, Brake Sensors and other things protrude through in the holes around the strut towers as I'm putting a car back together and a bit lost and unsure.

I don't know whether there should be a grommet there, as my wiring was very aged, or if its poked through the wrong hole to begin with.

Thanks.

The fronts just go through the large hole with no grommet. The sensor wires attach to the upper strut housings and are held in place by a multi fingered metal piece that is welded to the strut. The little rubber grommet you are referring to slips into those fingers.
    The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

If you'd like a grommet at the body hole just measure it, order one of the correct size off of the following link and cut a small round hole in it

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E3...ling_cap_plug/

Comment

Mine is just open holes also no grommets
        88' BMW 325is - Daily

Comment

Do the brake pad sensor wires run through the same hole as the ABS?

Comment

Working...
          X