brake fluid soft lines replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake fluid soft lines replacement

Ok so i'm doing the m50 swap with the ix booster and i'm using a remote reservior, well the lines are too short since it's from a DSM. Wondering if fuel lines can handle brake fluid without deteriorating in a month? thanks

Originally posted by tonytony
    Ok so i'm doing the m50 swap with the ix booster and i'm using a remote reservior, well the lines are too short since it's from a DSM. Wondering if fuel lines can handle brake fluid without deteriorating in a month? thanks
    bmw sells special soft line for remote reservoirs. i dont have the part number handy but VW also sells it. just go to a dealer and ask for it.
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunt
      bmw sells special soft line for remote reservoirs. i dont have the part number handy but VW also sells it. just go to a dealer and ask for it.
      The BMW line is has a smaller inner diameter than the DSM line - it won't work.

Comment

I mounted my remote reservoir off the shock tower. There's an area where you can put a speed clip and a bolt where you can mount a simple bracket. I'll take a picture of mine this evening. But yes the DSM reservoir is a direct fit - make sure you use the grommets off the DSM MC as well.

Comment

so i take it the fuel lines wont work? I guess i'll try to do what nick said

Comment

so i take it the fuel lines wont work? I guess i'll try to do what nick said
            I don't know if fuel lines are stable for brake fluid. Try calling up a couple of motorcycle shops.

Comment

thanks, i'll try that when the time comes

Comment

BMW fuel and coolant hoses are EPDM with an aramid reinforcing fiber. That's fine for DOT-3/4 brake fluid. Other fuel hoses may not be EPDM and will probably degrade.

BMW's flexible low-pressure brake hose -- the blue cloth-covered hose used for the clutch line -- appears to be silicone rubber.

Comment

thanks, very helpful info

Comment

Tony, how close are you? gonna make it to bend? Luke, aka stereo installer said he knows an exhaust guy local to you. hit him up
                    sigpic

Comment

I have to connect my brakes components, then mess witht hat heater i was bitching about when you were over, and then hook up the rest of the coolant system. Exhaust left then shifter, then go over everything then i'm good. I'll hit up luke, thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X