Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reset tool fcx help

hey guys,

I just received my fcx reset tool.. I followed the instructions and attempted to reset my oil service light.

But after following the directions to the letter, the light is still on.

In the back of the FCX tool booklet, it says if this problem occurs, it is my SI battery that is dead, and causes the lights to stay on, as well as the fuel tank guage to be irratic *both symptoms i possess.....

now for the tricky part..... this trouble shoot is for cars older than '88.....and i own a car with a production date of 04/89... is this SI my problem???

thanks in advance

How much did you spend on that tool? If you indeed do need new SI batteries, then so be it, but if not, give this a try.....

Browse thru the rest of the website as it tells you how to change the SI batteries as well...

Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

thanks, i didnt just buy the tool for the ability to reset my oil lights, i figured itd be a good way to self diagnose my car if ever the situation arose

Comment

hate to bump such an old thread, vut this is the best example i found that was still working.

SERVICE INTERVAL RESET

Most of you who are BMW CCA members have seen info in the ROUNDEL on resetting your service interval indicator, but I thought I'd provide it here for non-CCA members and others who would like a refresher. (The original article was provided by Bob Stewart who is a member of our iX Registry.) All you need to reset this device and make all the green lights appear is a paper clip or short length of 10 or 12 gauge wire. Simply unscrew the cap of the 3" diagnostic socket on the left side of the engine compartment, turn your key to turn on the ignition (without starting the engine), insert the paper clip or wire into the indicated holes (#7 and 19) of the connector for 5 to 10 seconds until the green indicator lights come on, turn off the ignition, remove the paper clip and replace the connector cap, and enjoy. (I recommend you mark these pin holes with liquid paper ahead of time -- and don't forget to change your oil every 3000 miles.)
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X