Central lock problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central lock problems

So, I had no power locks in my car. I took out the relay and found the internal fuse to be broken. I soldered it back together, reinstalled it and everything was working perfectly. After a few minutes I can hear the relay clicking rapidly and it became very hot. I disconnected it and opened it back up to find that the soldering I did melted off and fell between two pins that go to the connector. Also, all the lock actuators became stuck unlocked. I put some pressure on the pass anger side interior lock and it eventually went down and same for the trunk, but the drivers is stuck still. I re soldered the relay and cleared out all the soldering that fell between the pins, reinstalled the relay and it seems to be working okay but, when I lock the car, it will automatically unlock. The drivers lock does not go down in this process.

My question is, is the car unlocking because the drivers lock is stuck up?? Or is the central locking relay toast?
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Working...
X