Euro Smiley question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro Smiley question

I just received my euro smileys that i ordered, and will be installing them shortly. As im new to the whole Smiley headlight world, theres one part that i cant figure out what it is for. ill probably sound like a noob, but just want to fully understand what im working with before i install!

Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley q.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	7249851

The piece circled on the picture is what im referring to. One set of smilies has one attached, and the other does not. An extra was included in a separate bag. Do i need to install this on the other? What even is this parts purpose?

Thanks in advance
    sigpic
    91' 318is Brilliantrot
    Yes, it still has an m42

Part of a pneumatic headlight adjusting system that no longer works on any E30 ever. It makes it a bit more of a challenge to adjust the headlight after installation. You turn the thumbwheel to adjust the headlight. If you need additional range you can use a screwdriver to extend the metal head.

I used spade connecters on the end of the "euro" pigtails to connect to the US connector. No splices.
    sigpic
    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
    I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Originally posted by itsonlygeorge View Post
      Part of a pneumatic headlight adjusting system that no longer works on any E30 ever. It makes it a bit more of a challenge to adjust the headlight after installation. You turn the thumbwheel to adjust the headlight. If you need additional range you can use a screwdriver to extend the metal head.

I used spade connecters on the end of the "euro" pigtails to connect to the US connector. No splices.
      Awesome! That's for the help man, I just take the one off then and adjust it by screwdriver whenever I need to. I hadn't thought of using spade connectors either, definitely will be easier doing it that was as opposed to cutting and splicing!
      sigpic
      91' 318is Brilliantrot
      Yes, it still has an m42

Comment

It was definitely the easier way to hook them up. I don't like to modify the harness if I don't have to.
        sigpic
        1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
        I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Working...
        X